Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome to Lonely Terrapin


If you’re here, odds are you’re a Maryland fan. Thus, you know the life a Terrapins fan leads. You know what it’s like to be a national champion, and you know what it’s like to be at the bottom of the barrel.

The goal of this site, however, is to show an alternative view of Maryland sports. This blog is here for the little guys—the non-revenue sports. Soccer, Baseball, Woman’s Basketball, Field Hockey, and Softball are a few of the sports covered here. On occasion, a big sport like basketball and football will be covered, but the focus here will be on the non-revenue sports. I feel these sports don’t get the kind of coverage that they deserve, and my goal is to try and bring these sports more to the forefront.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a junior English major at Maryland and am a life-long Marylander. I work at the radio station on campus, WMUC 88.1. I’m a huge Tennessee Titans fan since I saw the Music City Miracle, but I bleed red, black, and gold.

I hope that this blog will point out all the great things that are being accomplished by the non-revenue, underreported sports at Maryland. Also, my shameless self-plug – feel free to follow me on my rarely-used twitter: @BoggsBurns.

With all that being said, I will try to blog to the best of my ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment